Thu, Mar 23|
Location is TBD
Chronic Pain Health Focused Retreat
4-Day 3-Night Retreat TBD 2023 Location: TBD - combined with IBD Retreat Ambassadors- Shelly (Yoga Instructor)
Time & Location
Mar 23, 2023, 7:00 AM CDT – Mar 26, 2023, 1:00 PM CDT
Location is TBD
About the event
Have you spent years going to doctors and specialists trying to figure out the cause of your unexplained chronic pain?
Does your pain affect every area of your life and leave you feeling hopeless?
Are you ready to give up on treatments or do you assume you have to live the rest of your life with pain?
Our Radect Chronic Pain Retreat wants to help you redefine your life and look at chronic pain in a whole new way. We have a team of specialists including physical therapists, yoga instructors, social workers, dieticians, and primary care doctors who can offer an evidenced-based approach to chronic pain no matter what your symptoms or injury might be. There are a lot of misconceptions about chronic pain out there, and the traditional approach to pain management may not have worked for you in the past.
What are some lies you have heard about chronic pain?
- Strong medications like opioids are the only thing that can improve chronic pain symptoms
- Chronic pain isn’t curable
- Chronic pain is made up or is “all in your head”
- Chronic pain is a physical problem and only the painful body part should be treated
- You should see a different specialist for each of your symptoms
What can you expect to receive at our retreat?
1). A better understanding of chronic pain:
- Education on the neuroscience of pain including why your body responds to a certain stimulus as painful, what that response looks like in your body, and ways you can change your reaction to that stimulus
- What exactly is the meaning of chronic pain and how is it different from acute pain.
2). Pain management interventions ideas used by physical therapists and rehab specialists to manage flare-ups of chronic pain.
3). Nutrition education targeted to reduce chronic pain symptoms and healthy meal ideas.
4). Physical activity ideas that can help prevent chronic pain exacerbations and build resilience.
5). Cognitive behavioral tools that address the mental component of chronic pain and help reduce the fear-avoidance cycle including:
- Physical activity modifications/pacing plans
- Pain journaling techniques
- Progressive muscle relaxation/body scanning
- Identifying emotional triggers that precipitate a flare-up
- Stress reduction techniques
6). Yoga interventions that can help manage chronic pain symptoms and reduce exacerbations including:
- Relaxation breathing
- Physical practice/poses that can help reduce muscle tension and improve strength
- Building a meditation practice to improve your mind-body connection
7). Connection with a community of other individuals suffering from similar symptoms
We know navigating our current healthcare system can be tricky when it comes to managing chronic pain. Our goal for our retreat participants is to increase their understanding of chronic pain and to come away with techniques that can easily be put into practice in their own lives. We want everyone to have a renewed energy for life and feel empowered to take control of their own journey.
Sign-up to join us today!
Day 1 - Thursday, March 23rd - Arrival
Day 2 - Friday, March 24th: Full Day of Wellness
Single Bed | Early Bird
- $2,500.00+$62.50 service fee
Double Occupancy | Early Bird
Bunk bed | Roommates$2,100.00+$52.50 service fee
Shared Bed | Early Bird
Best for Couples$1,800.00+$45.00 service fee
Payment Plan Single Bed
(Payment Plan) $3,000 - Early Bird Pricing: $2,500/Single BedFrom $25.00 to $300.00
- $250.00+$6.25 service fee
- $300.00+$7.50 service fee
- $210.00+$5.25 service fee